Athletics starts in February and ends mid March depending on the schedule given. All information will be given out a head of time.
On Friday the 18 th of January we had our 2020 inter house athletics. We had a great day and the turnout was wonderful. No discipline issues and all hands were on deck. We started at 8am and finished at 2:30 pm. New records were set that day as the athletes pushed themselves to the limit.
House points for the day:
1. Cullinan – 893.5
2. Struben – 839
3. Fitzpatrick – 783
4. Adamson – 752.3
Boitumelo Molaudi and Ofentse Ntsara were chosen for the District team and took part in the District Championships held at Uitsig. Ofentse Ntsara placed 2nd in his triple jump event and was selected for the SA championships.
- Long Jump U17 Boys – Ofentse Ntsara 6.89m (previous record 6.19m)
- Triple Jump U17 Boys – Ofentse Nstara 12.95m (previous record 12.42m)
- Javelin U14 Girls – Oratile Moshidi 14.64m (previous record 13.41m)
- Long Jump U19 Girls – Nejma Lokata 4.58m (previous record 4.39m)
- Triple Jump U15 Girls – Boitumelo Molaudi 8.78m (previous record 8.32m)
- Triple Jump U17 Girls – Keisha Nkosi 9.05m (previous record 8.56m)
- Triple Jump U19 Girls – Josephine Ashiphala 9.38m (previous record 9.27m)
- Discus U14 Girls – Taylor Claassen 14.29m (previous record 13.53m)
- Discus U14 Boys – Timothy Oje 28.39m (previous record 23.98m)
- Javelin U17 Girls – Dineo Penyane 24.20m (previous record 18.81m)
- 100m U17 Girls – Cathryn Mmako 14.10s (previous record 14.59s)
- 1500m U17 Girls – Cathryn Mmako 06:24.75s (previous record 08:11.50s)
- 200m U19 Girls – Amogelang Molefe 31.90s (previous record 36.75s)
- 400m U14 Boys – Yolisa Msutwana 01:06.03s (previous record 01:10.91s)
- 400m U16 Girls – Precious Banda 01:16.48s (previous record 01:21.03s)
- 1500m U16 Girls – Karabo Marulane 06:17.98s (previous record 06:33.53s)
- 800m U16 Boys – Thando Majija 02:38.34s (previous record 02:46.07s)
- 100m U19 Boys – Kgomosto Makhoro 00:10.90s (previous record 00:11.09s)
- 100m U14 Boys – Tebogo Nkuna 00:11.20s (previous record 00:11.40s)
- 400m Hurdles U17 Boys – Sibusiso Maseko 01:06.29s (previous record 01:20.39s)
- Relay U14 Boys – Struben 00:52.80s (previous record 00:87.16s)
- Relay U14 Girls – Struben 01:02.62s (previous record 01:05.03s)
- Relay U15 Boys – Struben 00:53.65s (previous record 00:54.16s)
CROSS COUNTRY TERM 3 SPORT
Cross Country start in July and ends in August depending on the schedule given. All information will be given a head of time.
CROSS COUNTRY FIXTURE 2019
- PBHS - 17/07/19
- Sutherland - 24/07/19
- Prestige - 31/07/19
- Uitsig - 07/09/19
CROSS COUNTRY ATHLETES BEST TIME 2019
- Karabo Masemola - 19'35"
- Lena Mabena - 19'39"
- Margaret Moyo - 22'54"
- Goitsemang Mmako - 20'08"
- Buhle Skosana - 21'56"
- Chloe Mosley - 24'59"
- Keanu Canto - 26'30"
- Nathan Naidoo - 29'47"
- Siyabonga Msiza - 31'24"
WILLOWRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL STRIVE WITH INTEGRITY