Be Covid smart & follow the rules
Be responsible and mindful of how your conduct yourself as this may, help protect yourself,
peers, teachers, administrators, and others around you.
WHAT IS COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a virus which may cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases
COVID-19 is mostly spread by respiratory droplets released when people talk, cough, or sneeze.
It is thought that the virus may spread to hands from a contaminated surface and then to the nose or mouth, causing infection. Therefore, personal prevention practices such as always wearing your face mask, hand washing, cleaning and disinfecting surfaces are important practices to be observed.
1. Properly wear your face mask at all times while on the premises (in and outside of the classroom).
2. Under no circumstances are you allowed to swap or use another persons’ faces mask.
3. All physical contact is strictly prohibited and a 1.5m physical distance from others should be maintained (no hugging or handshakes etc).
4. No sharing of water, bottles, food, phones, ear phones, stationary, textbooks or any learning material is allowed, please ensure you come to school to prepared.
5. Sanitize your hands before entering the premises or any classroom.
6. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public area, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
7. When coughing, please ensure to do so in your elbow, whether or not you are wearing a face mask or shield.
8. Keep left at all times when walking on the corridors, to avoid traffic and contact with other persons.
9. Do not stand in groups of more the 5, ensure a physical distancing of 1.5 meters between each person.
10. Staff and students who have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19 should report this to the school and stay home.
PLEASE ADHERE TO THE RULES AND REGULATIONS AS YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY
Sick Room Arrangements
PLEASE NOTE: If a learner is sick during the school day, they will be requested to complete the Covid-19 sick room questionnaire.
The parent will be contacted to fetch leaner as soon as possible. The learner will wait for his/her parent in the waiting area, located outside the sick room. Upon collection of the sick learner, parents must report at the security, the security will then collect learner from the waiting area. We ask parents not to send sick learners to school.
Please also take not that we as a school are not allowed to hand out any medication.
Kindly ensure learners have their own medication if needed. The waiting area has been set up to protect learners and staff according to Covid-19 rules and regulations.
Protocol for Covid-19 Cases
We all have a collective responsibility for the health and safety of those in the school, we encourage the honest disclosure of medical status as this will ensure the overall safety of others. In so doing it can prevent further spread of infection. Those feeling sick are encouraged to stay at home.
All staff members and learners are screened when entering the school premises, be mindful and honest when answering the screening questionnaire and declare any other illnesses.